Max Factor 2000 Calorie Waterproof Mascara

21 March 2013
My makeup collection is made up of both drugstore and high end products, I mainly invest more money in face products as I personally feel that it is an area that the drugstore haven't quite hacked yet, especially in terms of colour range. But I always buy my mascaras from the drugstore as I feel that they are sometimes better than the extortionately priced high end mascaras. 

One brand I always buy my mascaras from is Max Factor. They always get the right balance between pricing and quality consistently producing amazing mascaras. 

Recently I bought the Max Factor 2000 Calorie Waterproof Mascara when it was on offer. The original version of this mascara has been around for years and is well loved amongst beauty bloggers but I decided to purchase the waterproof version. I did this because I find that my mascara always drops to beneath my eyes, so by the end of the day I look like a panda which is not a good look!



The packaging is simple and glossy which is nice as looks of high street mascaras look quite tacky with neon weirdly shaped packaging. 


The wand is not something I would typically pick because I normally go for big wands but this is precise and a nice shape.


This mascara has a very wet formula which can sometimes make it difficult to apply and even once applied it can transfer onto your eyelids, which is very annoying. But apart from that it is a lovely mascara, lengthening and volumizing my lashes. It also layers nicely without looking clumpy.

Sadly though it does not stop my mascara running, and is difficult to remove as it's waterproof. For around £7.99 this is not a bad mascara but I think next time I will go back to the Max Factor False Lash Effect or Soap and Glory Thick and Fast. High end or high street mascaras?

Eleanor xx
Post Comment
Post a Comment

I love reading all your lovely comments so please feel free to comment or give me feedback! I don't mind if you leave a link to your own blog as I love finding new blogs and if I like your blog I'll follow you!