4 Products That You Didn't Realize Were Multifunctional

25 March 2014
Reading beauty blogs is addictive and can cause a serious dent in your purse. We see people review products on a daily basis and often get sucked into the hype surrounding a product and immediately feel the need to buy it, resulting in a collection of products that I've hardly used. So today I thought I'd show you how to use products, that you probably already own, in ways that you've perhaps never thought of before, showing you that shopping your own collection can lead to as many new discoveries as buying newly released products from Boots.


1. Using lipstick as a blush -
What many people do not know is that just because lipstick has the word 'lip' in it, it doesn't have to be used on your lips as it works amazingly well on your cheeks as a blush. I like to rub a bit of lipstick on the back of my hand before using my fingers to blend it onto my cheeks for a pretty flush of colour. Be careful with what colour lipstick you use though as some work better than others.

2. Using a cream eyeshadow to contour -
I only discovered how well the Maybelline Color Tattoo in Permanent Taupe worked as a contour the other day when I ran out of my Sleek Contour Kit. The Maybelline Color Tattoos are designed to be used as cream eyeshaddows but Permanent Taupe is a matte brown that reminds me a lot of Illamasqua's Cream Pigment in Hollow which is a notoriously good product for contouring pale skin. But remember to always make sure that you are using a matte eyeshaddow to contour your face.

3. Using an eyeshadow as a highlighter -
Light shimmery eyeshadows can work as amazing highlighters on the top of your cheek bones as they are often highly pigmented. I love to use my Mac Pressed Pigment in Light Touch as both a highlighter and an eyeshadow as it looks beautiful as either because of its pink undertone and the way it catches the light.

4. Using a clear mascara to set your eyebrows -
Okay so this one you've probably heard of before, but clear mascara is a great cheap alternative to buying brow setting products. A word of warning though is that it will turn brown over time if you fill in your eyebrows like I do!

From Left to Right, Light Touch, Permanent Taupe and Vegas Volt
Finding products like these that can be used in more than one way can create versatility in your collection while cutting down it's size, they're also very handy for traveling when your suitcase has a weight restriction. 

What is your favourite multifunctional product?

Eleanor xx
Post Comment
Post a Comment

I love reading all your lovely comments so please feel free to comment or give me feedback! I don't mind if you leave a link to your own blog as I love finding new blogs and if I like your blog I'll follow you!