Review - Stila One Step Colour Corrector Primer

19 June 2014
Primer is often argued as the most important part of your makeup routine but it's a step that I often forget. When I wear a primer I often notice a significant difference to the appearance of my makeup and instantly regret my years of laziness and ignorance when it comes to primer. As I don't want you to make the same mistakes as me I thought that today I'd share with you my review of my favorite primer: Stila One Step Colour Correcting Primer.

While the name suggests that all the Stila One Step Primer does is colour correct, it infact does a lot more. The primer is make up of 3 colours which work together in improving the appearance of your skin. Stila claims that the green tone neutralizes redness and conceals blemishes, the lavender tone counteracts shallow undertones and the peach tone brightens, illuminates and helps diminish the appearance of sun spots. They also claim that the primer reduces the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, pores and pigmentation as well as hydrating the skin and controlling oil.

Of course I cannot back up all of these claims as I do not have wrinkles or sun spots but it does work wonders on my skin. When my acne is causing a lot of redness, I'll just rub a bit of primer into my skin and the redness will disappear, my pores will look smaller and my skin will feel smoother. Sadly it does not 'conceal blemishes' but I find that I do not have to use as much concealer. 

The only negative about this primer is that it causes serious flashback because it contains titanium dioxide but other than that I think this is a great primer that will suit a lot of different skin types, just don't use it for photos!

Have you tried the Stila One Step Colour Correcting Primer?

Eleanor xx
Post Comment
Post a Comment

I love reading all your lovely comments so please feel free to comment or give me feedback! I don't mind if you leave a link to your own blog as I love finding new blogs and if I like your blog I'll follow you!