Sunday, 8 June 2014

Sunday Nails - Dark Tropics

Apart from the usual spring summer trends like pastels and pretty florals there is a new standout trend this season: tropics. Tropical prints are everywhere on the high street this season and while it is unlikely that you will see my sporting the trend through my clothes (colourful clothes aren't typically my thing) I will be working the trend through this bright nail art! 

For a nail art like this to work you need to take your time building up layers of colour using acrylic paints. To create depth in the flowers with every layer of paint use a slighter colour, and strategically place it too create shadows and highlights. While the sounds complicated and time consuming, you don't need to worry about being neat a precise saving a lot of time.

What's your favourite SS14 trend?

Eleanor xx

16 comments:

  1. This design is absolutely gorgeous. It sounds like a lot of effort and patience so well done! Rock the tropics trend xx

    splasheswithfabulosity.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks so pretty! Wish i had the patience to re create the design!

    Lauren| thatgirlcalledlauren.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reminds me of Van Gogh :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing! You should do nail art tips/how to posts :-) Rebeka x

    Rebeka Taylor

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is amazing! I thought it was one of those nail sticker things! I can't believe you actually painted it! Love it!!

    wwww.lilting-grace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your nails look amazing! I wish I could do nail art like that! So cute! x

    The Velvet Black // UK Style, Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a lovely design! I adore the depth you've created :) x

    http://theressomethingaboutalice.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is awesome! I'm on a mission for awesome nail art now.

    xx
    Ellie

    ReplyDelete
  9. hey honey!

    I just found your blog and I reaaaally love it!
    such a great content and lay out!
    suffice it to say, that your outfits are the best!
    I was wandering if you would like to follow each other.
    if so, please let me know that you have followed me and
    I will follow you right back :)

    my blog: www.fashionrailways.com

    my fb: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Fashion-Railways/265825453534258

    twitter: https://twitter.com/FRailways

    instagram: http://instagram.com/fashionrailways?ref=badge

    keep in touch!!
    filakiaa (kisses in greek)
    HTTP://WWW.FASHIONRAILWAYS.COM

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love them ! Your super creative !

    ellabellascrapbook.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow. That's just so pretty! I love it. :)

      Http://bittercozitsbutter.blogspot.com

      Delete
  11. I really love these nails, they remind me of Miami! I think pastels are still my fave trend but I keep buying lots of turquoise... <3

    Tara x

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your lovely comments so please feel free to comment or give me feedback! I don't mind if you leave a link to your own blog as I love finding new blogs and if I like your blog I'll follow you!