July Rate Or Hate

30 July 2014
Occasionally I struggle to make my mind up when deciding on what products to feature in my monthly 'Rate Or Hate' posts. This is because sometimes it is just impossible to say that you either love or hate a product as a lot of the time they fall into the uncertain middle ground of 'like'. The two products I'm going to feature today both fall into that middle ground so instead of trying to class them as 'Rate or Hate' I thought I'd do a mini review of each product.


Nars Laguna Bronzer - £27
Nars' Laguna Bronzer is an incredibly hyped about product within the beauty blogging community but I'm not that in love with it. Don't get me wrong it's a gorgeous bronzer: just the right colour, a hint of shimmer but not glittery and makes my face look photo shopped. But in all honesty it doesn't blend that well, it isn't that pigmented and like all Nars products the packaging gets extremely dirty. If it was a bit cheaper then these imperfections may be forgivable but for £27 I'd really expect more.

Cocoa Brown Fake Tan By Marissa Carter - £6
This product is at the other end of the price spectrum so I expect that this product may not be perfect but I still don't like to think that I've wasted my money. While this isn't the best fake tan I've used it's still not bad for the price, in fact when it's washed off my skin is a gorgeous brown not orange. But a word of warning if you do not prepare your skin it will go patchy, it also stains your sheets and goes patchy as it starts to fade. That being said I'd probably buy it again because it's easy to apply, dries quickly and you can fix the faults with a bit of exfoliating and moisturizing.

Have you tried either of these products? 

Eleanor xx
Post Comment
Post a Comment

I love reading all your lovely comments so please feel free to comment or give me feedback! I don't mind if you leave a link to your own blog as I love finding new blogs and if I like your blog I'll follow you!