Review - Charlotte Tilbury Luxury Palette The Uptown Girl

24 September 2014
One of my favourite birthday presents was this beautiful Charlotte Tilbury eyeshadow palette from my sister, before I received this I'd never owned or tried any of Charlotte Tilbury's makeup so to say I was excited is a bit of an understatement! 

Luxury Palette The Uptown Girl - £38

Charlotte Tilbury's makeup range is organised by looks, with each look including a lipstick, an eyeshadow quad, a lipgloss, a lipliner, a mascara, a eyeliner and a blusher. My eyeshadow palette is part of The Uptown Girl look which is described as "Olivia Palermo's glossiness and Naomi Campbell's polish mixed with Grace Kelly's sense of style" to create "the perfect look for the perfect life", while I cannot claim to have the perfect life this quad will definitely allow anyone to create that perfect polished look. 









While the eyeshadows are not quite as pigmented as the swatched on the website they are still highly pigmented, creamy and look lovely on the eyes. The shades are sorted in four category's Prime, Pop, Enhance and Smoke to help you know where to put the shades to create Charlotte's favourite looks. The prime shade is applied all over the lid, the enhance shade is designed to be applied in the crease and outer corner, the smoke shade is used to enhance the outer corner or lash line and the pop shade is patted onto the middle of the eye to enhance the overall look and make it 'pop'. Of course you can use the shadows wherever you like but this system makes it a lot easier if you're stuck on what look to create.

My favourite shade is probably the 'pop' shade which is pink and glittery, to get the full impact of the pop shade I'd recommend using your finger and patting it on rather than using a brush. All of the eyeshadows are very beautiful and wearable whether you chose to wear them casually or create a dramatic smokey eye, and I'd really recommend this palette if you want to treat yourself or someone who is really into makeup.

Have you tried any of Charlotte Tilbury's makeup range?

Eleanor xx 
Post Comment
Post a Comment

I love reading all your lovely comments so please feel free to comment or give me feedback! I don't mind if you leave a link to your own blog as I love finding new blogs and if I like your blog I'll follow you!