New York Beauty Haul!

26 February 2014
Apart from seeing all of the sights of New York, one of the main things that I wanted to do while in the city was shopping. When converting the exchange rate it works out quite a bit cheaper to buy lots of makeup brands in America compared to the UK and there are quite a few brands available in America that aren't available in the UK, so I took a substantial amount of spending money with me. 

Sadly while in New York we only really had a few hours shopping and I didn't manage to go to all of the shops that I would have liked to go to. This means that I didn't buy that much as I thought but I am still extremely happy with all of the things that I bought and I am excited to share them with you! 


Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette (and Lipgloss) - $52
I already own the Naked 3 and Naked Basics Palettes, and they are practically the only eyeshadows I ever use so why not buy the Naked 2? My sister has this palette so I've used hers in the past, and like all of the Naked Palettes the eyeshadows are highly pigmented and come in a range of gorgeous colours, so I had to buy it for myself. It also comes with a pretty pink lip gloss which is a nice change to the usual primer potion samples the other palettes come with.

Mac Mineralize Skinfinish in Soft and Gentle - $25
Soft and Gentle is a gorgeous golden highlighter but with pink undertones running through it meaning that it suits almost every skin tone. As it suits a lot of people I decided to buy it as a present for my sister because she has been looking for a high end highlighter for quite some time and I know she's going to love it!

Mac Lipsticks in Morange and Rebel - $16 each
I love Mac lipsticks and have quite a few in my makeup collection already, but I couldn't pass on the opportunity to pick up a couple more! I already had Morange from when my sister bought it for me when she went to New York a couple of years ago but I stupidly went and lost it, it's one of my favourite Mac lipsticks so I had to repurchase it. On the other hand I've never had Rebel before but I've been lusting over it all autumn/winter, it's such a beautiful deep berry lipstick and I've been wearing it non-stop since I got back!

Seche Vite Dry Fast Topcoat - $9.95
The Seche Vite Topcoat is probably the most raved about nail varnish in the beauty blogging community and after already using it only a couple of times I can see why! The topcoat makes any nail varnish ultra glossy, doesn't smudge nail art and dries so quickly, I can safely say that it is worth the money despite it's horrible smell.

Kardashian Khroma Honey Stick Lip Gloss - $8.99
I don't even have to tell you guys how much I love the Kardashians and ever since they released the Khroma beauty line I have been dying to try some products from it. The Kardashians are famous for their ultra glossy nude lips and seeing as I don't own many lip glosses I decided to buy one and give it a try! First impressions: it smells very strongly of honey, which is great if you love the smell of honey!

I also bought a pink and white striped pajama shirt/nightie from Victoria's Secret but I didn't see a lot of point in showing it as this is a beauty haul!

I hoped you found this post interesting and like everything that I bought. I promise there will be a New York diary soon but I'm just waiting to get a copy some of the photos one of my teachers took on the trip with his DSLR because if there are some nice ones I might include them! Hope you're having a good week...

Eleanor xx
Post Comment
Post a Comment

I love reading all your lovely comments so please feel free to comment or give me feedback! I don't mind if you leave a link to your own blog as I love finding new blogs and if I like your blog I'll follow you!