How To Survive Summer On A Budget

17 July 2014
Summer has officially started for me as today was my last day of Sixth Form! With so much time on my hands I finally have the chance to spend some well deserved quality time with my family friends but going on day trips and holidays can all add up to be very expensive, so today I thought I'd give you guys some tips on how to survive summer on a budget!

1. Don't do anything unless it's free or you can get a discount! This is a motto that can applied to a lot of things but is very easy to implement during the summer. There are hundreds of activities that you can do that don't cost a penny such as going for a walk, bike ride or just chilling out in one of the UK's beautiful parks. There are also lots of attractions that are free for example lots of museums in London including my personal favorites: the National History Museum, The Tate Modern and The National Gallery. 

2. Do your research! This ties into the last point but if there is in particular you had in mind doing this summer then research it to see if there are any ways you can do it cheaper. Look for special offers on the attractions official website, discount codes, vouchers in newspapers and food packaging (Kelloggs cereals often have a 2 for 1 offer on attractions such as Alton Towers, Thorpe Park and many more).

3. Look local! Lots of towns and cities host their own festivals that often only require a donation on entry. My local town holds a small music festival one weekend every year and it's a great opportunity to support local music acts and businesses, not only that but you don't have to spend any money on train tickets or petrol as it's within walking distance.

4. Stay at home! You don't always need to go places to have a good time, invite your friends round for a BBQ or a party and I guarantee you will have a great time. Instead of bringing a present just ask everyone to bring round a dish of food or something to drink, pop on a party playlist from spotify and get the party started! 

5. It's not about what you do but who you do it with. It doesn't really matter what you do this summer because as cheesy as it sounds when your spending time with the people you love everything is fun.

Eleanor xx
Post Comment
Post a Comment

I love reading all your lovely comments so please feel free to comment or give me feedback! I don't mind if you leave a link to your own blog as I love finding new blogs and if I like your blog I'll follow you!